Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yay for Fun Friday



Wow is it already Friday (well really Saturday by the time I post this)? This week was sooo busy, but finished so fast.  Today I am heading to Neskowin for 3 nights watching the waves with Ryan's family! Cam is gonna be so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa too! Here are a few of the things I am loving this Friday!
  1. My baby Cam! Here he is in his new car! He LOVES this thing. We managed to get out once this week in between rain showers. So ready for the rain to LEAVE us!! We have had more than our share this year.

 Cam in his P.J.'s the other night. These are my favorites right now! Love the tie and the expression on his face. He is sooo goofy right now. He's got Daddy and me cracking up every day!

2. My latest deal! Anyone that knows me knows I can't pass up a deal, even if I REALLY don't need it. I am working on this, or so I think I am : ) The three things I can't live without: jeans, jeans, and more jeans! These are Luckys Sweet and Low jeans in 34 length! These are impossible to find longer than a 32 inseam. I found this little treasure at T.J. Maxx for 34.99. That is almost a $100 bucks cheaper than their sticker price! This was my "shopping high" for the week. Yay for T.J. Maxx, one of my all time favorite places to shop. It's a treasure hunt, you never know what you are going to find : )

3. Nike Sportband returns
I have lived with you for over a year now and I am just now resurrecting you from the bathroom drawer. I have willingly let you lie there while I have run blind, not knowing my distance, pace or heart rate. Well no more running blind for me! I am now wearing this thing like a second skin on my runs. I can now say I am running 40+ miles a week at a sub 7 minute mile pace. Very happy to be back in my pre-pregnancy running form, but miss the days of  Lackadaisical running! Now to sign up for my first race. All in good time : ) Happy running to all!


4. My Favorite Snack or should I say, all I am eating right now!
I LOVE Biscoff. I could single handedly eat a whole package of this stuff for a meal. I can't get enough of it. I had it on my flight from Baltimore last summer and I have been eating it every since. It's hard to find though. Walgreens has it for only $2.50 a package. Just know, once you start eating this you can't stop.
5. My New Toy
I just got my first DSLR camera. I bought the Nikon D3100 after a close friend recommended it. Still figuring this thing out, but excited to learn how to really use it.
Here are my first few pictures with it:
Cam and me

Cam at the Mt. Angel Abbey

 Cam showing us his mad moves!

Just love this picture : )

 6. At the Beach for Mothers Day
More pictures to come later, but here is a picture I took this morning of Cam and our Seagull friend. We fed him (the seagull) when we first got here and now he loves to hang out in front of our window, hoping for more bread. Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there : ) Hopefully you are doing something fun to celebrate too!


Love,

7 comments:

Steph said...

You run under 7 minute miles?!?!? Holy moly...I have been put to SHAME! I wanna be like you someday!

momrunninwild.com said...

Oh you will Steph!! It happens when you least expect it. I thought I was dragging and then when I pulled out my Sport Band I was like "whoa". So now I know I am ready to enter a race. I just hate races! They make me sooo nervous! There no such thing as a fun run for me : ( Aren't you training for a 1/2 marathon? Thats further than I've ever run. So don't sell yourself short.

Sherry

Bec@littlelucylu said...

Love Cam's "mad moves" :)~
And you've ratted yourself out ... MORE jeans!? We need to freeze your debit/credit cards in a big ol' block of ice! :)~
Sounds like you guys are having fun! See you Tuesday!

momrunninwild.com said...

I know, I know! No more jeans for me! If it means anything, I am taking back the Sevens I bought a couple weeks ago. I like these new ones WAY better : )

Steph said...

Thanks for the encouragement Sherry =) I need to get one of those gadgets you have!...the sport band?!? How much are they and where can I find one?

Yes I'm training for a half marathon, which is June 12. BUT we are working TWO different events (one in CA on in OR) so I don't know how I'm going to pull it off. If I miss it, I'm still going to run the 13.1 miles gosh dang it!

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Steph

Sherry Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry Thompson said...

Hi Steph,

Running is the best once you get over the painful first part. I am sure you will do awesome on your 13.1 miler. Let me know how it goes! I want to run a 1/2 marathon in the Fall. I've never run further than 11 miles and I think it would be a good challenge to try and overcome.

I got the Sportband at the Nike outlet in Woodburn, but you can find them at any Nike store. They are all $60.00. I bought my first one on Nike.com.

Happy running to you!