Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter was this past weekend and we took time to remember an amazing sacrifice that God made for us. We went to church in the morning and then made breakfast with my husbands family at our house.
One thing that came to mind this year is just how great of a sacrifice God made in giving his only son. I know this part of the Bible well and have heard this sermon every Easter for the past 25 years, yet I heard it differently this year. To think he loved us enough to sacrifice his only son had to be heart wrenching for God.

It made me think of Abraham when God asked him to sacrifice his only son as a test of Abraham's faith (Genesis 22:1-12). God did not have Abraham sacrifice his son, but rather used it as a test of Abraham's faith. Can you imagine having faith like Abraham? Knowing all this being a mom now, puts it in a different kind of perspective. It reminds me just how much God loves us and to what extent he is will to put everything on the line for us! And I ask myself why can't I make time to read my Bible everyday, to spend more time in prayer, and more time striving to reach out to others who don't have the hope that I have? And to know even with all my flaws God still was willing to make this sacrifice for me! We serve an AWESOME God!!

Here are some pictures of our Cam celebrating Easter:

Cam loved his books!!

Checking out his Bible!
Mmmm snacks!

Our attempt at an Easter egg hunt! Didn't quite get the concept : ( Better luck next year. And next year they will have something in them, CANDY!! Wait till he discovers that! There will be no stopping him if he's anything like his mom : )

Thanks for reading : )

Sherry

No comments: