Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Deep Thoughts . . .


Today and really everyday this week I keep thinking of the people in Japan that have been affected by that devastating earthquake. I can't help but think just how I would deal with a situation like that. And now knowing that the nuclear power plant is giving off high levels of radiation makes the whole situation that much dyer.

Thinking about all of this has made me think of just how blessed I know I am. I may not live in the fanciest house or drive the best car in town, but oh how happy I am to have my family healthy and safe. I just can't help but think what it would be like to lose or not know where a family member was and if they were OK! I don't know what would be worse . . . knowing they have passed away or knowing they are suffering somewhere, scared and hanging onto the hope someone would find them! Uh!! I know this is such a downer to post on this blog, but I want Cam to know someday just how much I love him and just how much of my world is wrapped up in him and Ryan.

I thank God everyday for having Cam and Ryan in my life. There is very little I would change about my life. Certainly we would all love to have more money, more security, and even more importantly time to spend with those we love the most, but I feel like I couldn't ask for anything more in my life. I don't know why God allows these things to happen (a good question for him someday in heaven), but I do know they are very good wake up calls in remembering just what really matters in life. Thank you God for everything you have blessed me with! Please keep those families in your thoughts and prayers as we go through these coming weeks. And remember even though our problems may seem impossible, just remember how blessed we all are! I know I will : )

No comments: